Wednesday, August 28, 2019


Blog 1 - Madi Epperson
Columbia PFG shirt


Columbia PFG clothing line stands for "Performance Fishing Gear". I have noticed a rise in this apparel throughout the summer months. I, personally, do not own any of the PFG clothing, but I know multiple people that do. The majority of people I see representing this brand are men around the ages of 20-35 years old. I have seen this shirt in places such as campus, Field and Stream, the lake, a campground, and even just some sports bars. Every time I see someone wearing this shirt my mind immediately thinks that that person enjoys the outdoors. Sometimes not just the outdoors, but even fishing in general. When I am out at the lake and I see someone wearing this gear, they are usually holding a fishing pole. This is the same case for when I see people wearing this shirt in Field and Stream or Dicks Sporting Goods. Another thought I get about a person wearing this is that they aren't originally from a bigger city. Due to the stereotype of small towns being the more outdoorsy people, my mind immediately thinks that that person is from a small town. The financial cost of this shirt is only $25. Culturally there are two meanings that can come with this shirt. Some may see it as a lower wealth activity. However, the way I see it is that fishing and many more outdoor activities have other expenses that go in to them. Since that is most likely the case I would say that, culturally, this shirt may be looked at as higher wealth and someone who has more high end outdoor accessories.


No comments:

Post a Comment