Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Blog 1 - The Comfort of Compression Pants

One item that I, myself wear often and see many athletes wear often are compression pants. It provides comfort while working out. I have also been playing basketball since I was a kid, and ever since I have found compression pants I wear them as often as possible. By wearing those during workouts, they would keep me warm, which is ideal when I’m doing something athletic so my blood keeps rushing to that area. Compression pants are designed for athletes in particular to be used for practices, workouts, or even games. When I see someone wearing these compression pants, I consider them a somewhat serious and good athlete that is motivated to a certain goal or be better than the competition. In my opinion, I see more males wearing compression pants to be exact, because most females that I see in the gym wear leggings or some sort of spandex. This doesn’t mean that companies don’t make compression pants for women at all, in fact most of the big companies have the same variety and amounts of compressions for males and females. According to the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, compression gear is great for workouts because it stimulates blood flow, offers support for your muscles, and helps with post-workout recovery. For athletes that are really invested in getting better at their sport or fitness, he or she should really consider getting a supply of these compressions because they can slowly help your performance over time.
Image result for nike compression pants Image result for nike compression pants

MLA
Medicine, Sports. “Benefits of Compression Gear.” UPMC HealthBeat, 7 Jan. 2018, 
https://share.upmc.com/2016/01/benefits-of-compression-gear/.
APA
Medicine, S. (2018, January 7). Benefits of Compression Gear. Retrieved from 
https://share.upmc.com/2016/01/benefits-of-compression-gear/



No comments:

Post a Comment