Thursday, September 12, 2019

Gender Expression

I have never really considered myself to have one, specific gender expression. Growing up, I had an older brother. We liked to play sports, hike, and just do any physical activity for fun. I always have had more guy friends than girlfriends. Many guys to me just enjoy the same stuff and are easier to get along with than girls.

Also, when I was little, I liked to do these kinds of things with my dad. We would play catch, shoot hoops, throw the football, and so much more. As I got older and played organized sports, I got into more girl activities and had more girl friends. I changed how I dressed, and started to wear makeup. I always had a big group of guy friends, however. I always consider myself as a "bro" or "one of the dudes". I do not think there should be differences in what girls should do as opposed to guys.

All different types of people look at themselves in different ways. I choose not to label everything.

Another thing I do in my life that people always have something to say on, is weight lifting. I have been into lifting since my freshman year of high school. I played volleyball, basketball, and did track. During all of these sports; however, I always enjoyed the lifting more. I began working one on one with two of my female coaches on my weightlifting, along with conditioning. I was in the best shape of my life, and the strongest. My junior year of high school I began CrossFit. CrossFit is what I do to keep up my physical activity now. I love it. It is competitive and challenging.

I believe that I do have some "masculine" ways to express my gender, along with many "feminine" ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment